Saturday, May 12, 2012

Jinx, 123 you owe me a coke.

Merry meet and welcome again to my blog for the Pagan Blog Project, we are on week 19. I thought about this a couple weeks before the letter j was due.  I thought that it would be fun and interesting to check and see how many people do believe in Jinx. 
I was surprised that so many do believe in jinx, me I think it's all just silly superstition.  One that I grew up with is that if you where with a few people and two of you said the same thing, at the same time, it was jinxed, you where to say "jinx, one two three you owe me a coke"  another was that if you stepped on a crack you broke your mothers back, and line and your dad's spine.  There are several myths in baseball, Im not a bit sports orientated so  I dont know, and it does not surprise me
. 

Through out history there has been  historical "things" said to be jinxed, The Hope Diamond, any one who has owned it has suffered tragic deaths.  Marie Antoinette did not have a very happy ending. 



One thing I do know for sure is that mind is a very powerful tool, and if it's done correctly (I do not advice it) I am very sure you can jinx someone or somethings.  Jinx is to give someone a case of the "bad lucks"  or a curse on something like the hope diamond can cause bad things to happen.  I think there was a curse on a broom in Harry Potter, lol I never did follow those stories so I dont know about that one either. 

Recently I ran across a spell that I know would work, I commented on it by saying that I think I would have to add that I would want no curse returned, and to harm none.  It was calling upon Hecate to see that justice is done to someone that has hurt another.  As I said it would have worked, would I do it?  It would have to be under extreme circumstances, and very carefully worded.  I've had things come back to bite me magically and though it's never been something really bad, it was a price I paid.  I say careful for what you ask for, Stand back and let Karma do her job, do not get in the way of Goddess's work.  Merry magical workings, and blessed be. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog =) I remember that spell with Hecate...it didn't sit right with me...It's Karma's job in those matter not our, defence & changing the negativity in positive is what should be done. "Ever Mind the Rule of Three"
    =big squishy hugs=!
    ^-^

    ReplyDelete