Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am inspired,

I have been to place's in my life that I am not so proud of, but today I am very proud, not of the poor choice's for that is what made me who I am today, but in that today I can finally make a difference in someone else's life!

The volunteer work I do has always been very important to me, and many of you know that. I started to volunteer because at the time my "husband" and I where in a real need, and I felt that by giving back and would be helping as well as paying back. Today I may be given more of an opportunity to help more then I ever imagined, and in a way that also is important to me.  As well as making a few more amends. There is discussion of returning to a place that helped me in a big way, and although I made mistakes there as well, it was the place I learned the most from, what they said stuck, and stayed.  I may be given the opportunity to help women who where like me, that had no family and no friends to support them at a time in life when that is the most important. 

I dug around in some old paper work that I had from a previous life,, lol  figuratively, speaking, and I came across papers, that I remembered, learned from, and feelings of complete strength came to me.   In this file where my own personal notes, some very bitter, and painful.  I can remember feeling that way, and today I am grateful that I do not feel that anymore.  So I want to share with you one that touched me then, and when I read it now, I am still touched, but in such a way that is no longer one of sorrow.

Why not you?
Today, many will waken with a fresh sense of inspiration. Why not you?
Today, many will open their eyes to the beauty that surrounds them. Why not you?
Today, many will choose to leave the ghost of yesterday behind and seize the immeasurable power of today. Why not you?
Today, many will break through the barriers of of the past by looking at the blessings of the present. Why not you?Today, many will rise above their believed limitations and make contact with their powerful innate strength. Why not you?
Today, many will choose to live in such a manner that they will be a positive role model for the children, family and friends. Why not you?
Today, many will choose to free themselves from the personal imprisonment of their bad habits. Why not you??
Today,many will choose to live free of the conditions and rules governing their own happiness. Why not you?
Today, many will find abundance in simplicity. Why not you?
Today, many will be confronted by difficult moral choices and the will choose to do what is right instead of what is beneficial. Why not you?
Today, many will decide to no longer sit back with a victim mentality, but to take charge of their lives and make positive changes. Why not you?
Today, many will take the action necessary to make a diffidence. Why not you?
Today, many will make the commitment to be a better mother, sister, friend, student, teacher, worker, boss, and so much more. Why not you?
Why not you?
Today is new day!
Many will seize this day. Many will live it to the fullest, Why not you? 
Copyright "Steve Maraboli"

I looked at this today with a new attitude, I am that one today, I am not saying why not me?  but instead saying what can I do to help. What can I do to teach, or learn, or to love!
Today I am so grateful, and look forward to more of the wonderful things that are to come, now it's not just about me, but what I can do for others.  What a wonderful feeling. 
Blessed Be with love and light always. 
Lady Kane

1 comment:

  1. Love this :))) You have come such a long way. In the short time I've known you your confidence has absolutely soared and I can see you making a difference in others lives. Be proud of what you do for others are :)))))) Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete